Tuesday 19 February 2013

All about the vintage.....

Morning all. We have a photo-shoot for ASOS Marketplace planned today so I've been scanning through some fashion blogs and vintage boutiques for styling ideas. I love how ASOS Marketplace encourages their sellers to be fashion forward and edgy. All photos must be modelled and so I'm really trying to put together whole outfits for the Marketplace boutique photography and create some great looks. Check out the results of the shoot later today at https://marketplace.asos.com/boutique/queen-of-threads later on today

Ok, so I think I mentioned that I was planning on doing a bit of upcycling yesterday on the vintage cabinets I picked up last week. I got as far as buying the primer, masking tape and brushes! I only have one day off a week from the shop so I try and cram everything in and alas, there wasn't time to get going with any ACTUAL painting. But I did think about it an awful lot, so that counts right? Just like I thought about making a lemon drizzle cake, sewing some repairs, tackling the laundry..... I can't wait for Spring and the lighter evenings so I can get more done. And I'm dying to wear something other than a jumper!

We got some nice photos for ASOS taken last week, mostly of our vintage finds. Whilst I love high street fashion, my heart really belongs to vintage. I just love the thought of finding a one off piece that no-one else will have and adding it to a Topshop/Miss Selfridge/ Primark piece and getting a really unique outfit.  I got this 
Vintage Embroidered High Waist Skirt

skirt a couple of weeks ago and styled it with a little Miss Selfridge crop blouse. So inappropriate for Feb, but y'know, I live in hope. 
Vintage 1990s Tribal Print Grunge Midi Skirt

Adore this 90s midi too. I styled it here with a gold lurex high neck crop, but it would be just as good for the colder weather teamed with a pair of tights,shirt and jumper and a pair of chunky boots like


Deena and Ozzy (Urban Outfitters) Chunky Suede Boots

these beauts from Urban Outfitters ( did I mention they are only £14.99? No? Well, they are - bargain!). I think quite a few peeps used to be a bit scared of vintage but its had such a renaissance in the last few years that now its the norm for any fashion forward chap or chappess to have just as much vintage in their wardrobe as new. Which makes my job SO much easier - hurrah!

Helen xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment